Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Stuff!

Don't you just love the smell of new leather, new carpet, new paint? And, the new look! New furniture, new car, new house, new..........

Not everything new is the most fun and/or enjoyable. Perhaps you broke a bone for the first time in your life. You and your car were involved in an accident. You went to the hospital for the first time, etc..

Some new things that were more pleasant - you started a new hobby. You fixed a meal you've never prepared before. You received a special award. You vacationed some place you've never been before.

God told us that he was going to do a "new thing"! Suppose God has designs on using you to teach or help in a classroom setting? Suppose God wants to place you in leadership? Suppose God wants you to use a special gift or talent you possess?

Since it is impossible for me to be aware of all the giftings of all the people - what music to this pastor's ears when someone says to him - "Pastor, I'd love to help with......" Wow! Now that, for some, would be a new thing! And, God smiles when you do that new thing!

The day and society we live in requires all Christians to step up and so some things new! When God speaks clearly to you about working/serving in a certain area of ministry of the church -- please know that he will also supply all that you need to accomplish the task.

He'll give you physical, emotional, spiritual strength. He will supply whatever finances you need. He will give you wisdom to know how to do what he is prompting.

I just love new stuff! Don't you?

1 comment:

Papa John said...

New stuff is good...but sometimes I like the old stuff better. I preder OLD tv shows...Andy Griffith...Beverly Hillbillies...Gunsmoke...I love making new friends,...but you can't beat old long time tried and true stick with you through thick and thin for so many years friends...New homes are great..but I love the old Victorian homes...and I prefer the classy old cars to the antiseptic high tech new ones...I enjoy the new worship songs, but I love the old hymnns...I find more deep meaning and strength in them.

But when it comes to God, I love to be part of the new things he is doing, to see great things happen and lives changed. To see people find the Lord.

At the same time I never want to forget the old things he has done either, for they give me the faith to believe for new and greater things.